Navigation: Announcement | Agenda, program and posters/presentations
ISTW 2022 will be virtually held by Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Oct. 31- Nov. 4 2022. The local host representative is Professor GAO Zhe.
Previous ISTWs were held in Oak Ridge (1994), Princeton (1995), Culham (1996), St. Petersburg (1997), Tokyo (1998), Seattle (1999), Sao Jose dos Campos (2001), Princeton (2002), Culham (2003), Kyoto (2004), St. Petersburg (2005), Chengdu (2006), Fukuoka (2007), Frascati (2008), Madison (2009), Toki (2011), York (2013), Princeton (2015), Seoul(2017), Frascati(2019). If interested, please visit the web archive of previous ISTWs.
The objectives of this workshop are to contribute to advancing the understanding of spherical tori (ST) and, when appropriate, compact toroid (CT) configurations and to enhance their potential for fusion power applications, and to provide a forum for discussion and collaboration enhancement. The scope of the meeting covers the full range of research activities on ST, extended to their interface with other CT fusion concepts; namely, spheromaks and field reversed configurations.
Topical areas of interest include:
- A. Plasma science (experiment and/or theory-computation)
- B. Engineering, technology and diagnostic development
- C. Future concepts (device upgrades, CTF, DEMO, power plants)
Please indicate on the abstract the topical area(s) of most relevance to your abstract.
The meeting will be fully virtual. Both oral/poster presentations will be available in the meeting. It is expected that time allocation for oral talks will be 20-25 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion. The official language of the meeting is English.
The time slots, technical details of the oral talks and poster sessions will be confirmed in the second announcement.
Registration fee and payment
The registration fee for ISTW 2022 is 680 CNY / 100 USD / 100 Euro / 80 GBP / 12,000 JPY / 6,500 RUB / 120,000 KRW. The fee will cover publication of the conference materials and online conference services.
Payment will be possible either by bank transfer or PayPal.
The bank transfer should be addressed to:
- 1. Name of Account: TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY
- 2. Account No.: 00047108094001
- 3. Account Opening Bank: The Bank of China, Head Office
- 4. Address: No.1, Fuxingmen Nei Avenue, Beijing, PRC, 100818
- 5. Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ
- 6. Telex No.: 22254 BCHO CN
- 7. MESSAGE: following information should be filled as the message of bank transfer:
Payment for ISTW 2022 to GAO Zhe, Department of Engineering Physics, TEL: 62797535
Attendees can pay the fee through PayPal by visiting https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/istw2022. It is a personal account, but will be quite convenient.
A one page abstract must be submitted by 31st August 2022. The abstract may be text only or contain figures and graphics, but must be only one page. The abstract must contain the authors’ names, affiliation and email address. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word or PDF.
The abstract shall be prepared according to the following instructions:
- 1) Page size: A4 (297mm by 210 mm) – vertical orientation
- 2) Margins 25mm all around
- 3) Layout:
Title: single-spaced, 14-point size, Times New Roman Font, bold
Authors: single-spaced, 12-point size, Times New Roman Font
Affiliation: single-spaced, 12-point size, Times New Roman Font, italic
Text: single-spaced, 12-point size, Times New Roman Font
Length: one page
A Book of Abstracts will be compiled for free distribution at the meeting to every participant.
International Program Committee
- Dr. Rajesh Maingi (PPPL, US) Chair
- Dr. Franco Alladio (INAF and ENEA, Italy)
- Dr. Jack Berkery (PPPL and Columbia U, US)
- Prof. Stephanie Diem (UW Madison, US)
- Prof. Akira Ejiri (U Tokyo, Japan)
- Prof. Zhe Gao (Tsinghua U., China)
- Prof. Manuel Garcia-Munoz (U. Sevila, Spain)
- Dr. Mikhail Grayznevich (Tokamak Energy, UK)
- Prof. Kazuoki Hanada (Kyushu U., Japan)
- Prof. Yong-Seok Hwang (SNU, Korea)
- Dr. Hendrik Meyer (CCFE, UK)
- Prof. Yasushi Ono (U. Tokyo, Japan)
- Prof. Howard Wilson ( U York, UK)
Local Organizing Committee
- Assoc. Prof. TAN Yi, Chair
- Assoc. Prof. ZENG Long
- Dr. LIU Wenbin (Shenzhen University)
- Dr. WANG Shouzhi
- Ms. SUN Fang
- Mr. WANG Binbin
- Miss SU Pengjuan
Please fill the form below to register ISTW 2022. If you want to modify the information submitted, please just re-fill the form with updated information. We will only use the last submission from the same participant.